Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My sister is amazing.

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted anything. Well, I've been sick, Max has been sick and then I got sick again and Max is still coughing. But I feel like things are starting to get a little bit back to normal. Well, as normal as it will ever get in our ever-changing world.

Unfortunately Max got sick while at daycare a couple of weeks ago. I was working and received a phone call that he had been throwing up. Poor Max, he was not much of a spit-up baby, so I'm sure it was not fun for him. He does not throw up very often. When they phoned again and said it had happened three times, I left work to pick him up.

The crummy thing is, I was in the middle of training for one of the Olympic test-run events. A little bit of a big deal and not something that could easily be changed. I phoned a couple of friends and family members to see if anyone might be around, to sit at home with Max (actually, while Max slept) for a few hours. What I should also mention, is that the organizers of my training event phoned and let me know that they would make due without me and find a way to do my training either later on that evening or early the next morning, before the event was running. It would make for a longer day for everyone, but I am so thankful it was an option.

Before they had phoned, one of my calls was to my sister (on the off chance that her and Brandon did not have any plans that day, I wasn't sure if they might want to come and play at my house for a bit). Brandon is almost 8 months old (I think, but I should really write these things down).

Anyhow, she was just waiting for her lunch and about to head to a massage and offered to leave her lunch, find a way to get someone else to take her massage, and be over shortly to stay with Max. Whoa! My sister was going to drop everything to help me out, and I think that is amazing! I love my sister so much. I am so glad that she did not need to do that, but am so touched that it was an option. Of course I would do the same for her, but I still think she is amazing for offering.

It just reminds me of how lucky and grateful I am to have some of my family close by. Between my sister & Kyle and my mum & Sir, I don't think a day goes by that I don't talk to one of them at some point. They are such a huge part of our lives and so important to us. I am so glad that they are such an active and integral part of Max's life too, thanks guys!

No comments: