Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Learning new words!

Max can repeat almost anything we say... IF he wants to.

He also really likes to talk on the phone, he just doesn't always do it if there is another person on the other end. It's quite funny sometimes. The other day Max was talking away and brought me the cordless phone (will I ever learn to put it out of his reach? We haven't had any 9-1-1 or international long distance calls yet, so hopefully I will, before that happens). He was saying "Da-da, Da-da, Da-da". Dad was busy working, and Grandma and Grandpa weren't home. I looked at the time and realized that Poppa and Oma might be home. So we tried and actually got through!

I miss my Dad and Maryka a lot some days and I really wish they were closer so they could spend more time with Max and see all the cool changes that we get to see every day and every week. I'm so glad that Max wanted to chat and talked to Poppa. As my dad tried to get Max to say "Poppa", he actually said it! It was really cool that it worked out that way and I am so happy that my Dad got to hear all that.

Later, explaining it to Ross, Max could hear me and started saying "Poppa, poppa, poppa".

Max can say all kinds of words now, but not all of them get connected to what they really mean.

Some the words so far: Puppy, apple, da-da, mum or mama, truck, duck, bath, baby, yup, bye, cat, up, down, water and I can't think of all the others right now.

I should probably write this stuff down in a baby book somewhere. Oh boy, that's a whole other topic.

No comments: