Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Angel

Max's first snow angel

What a fabulous day in the snow!

We left at 11am with Max in the backpack and he promptly fell asleep as we walked along the low road.

We thought this would be one of the safer routes, but really, we chose it more becuase it is mostly level and the other routes all seem to have huge and possibly icy hills. It was very interesting to see all the drivers racing along the road (over half of them were talking on their cell phones - I now support the creation of a law that prohibits cell phone use while driving). Crazy behaviour, considering the road conditions.

It was cold and snowy, but we were dressed with layer upon layer of clothing, so I'm pretty sure everyone was warm. Especially Max, who spent almost an hour asleep in the backpack. Considering the noise of the trains on the low road, the trucks and the traffic, as we hit main street. He must have been warm enough!

We ended up stopping for lunch, so we peeled off our layers and had a nice relaxing lunch. After layering back up again, we braved the cold. We took a different route home, which was nice, so Max got to practice some walking in the snow...

and then of course, some other forms of transportation for Max... heehee, I had to throw that one in...

Max likes to do things on his own, especially walking, so it was quite a pleasant surprise that he would hold our hands as he walked through the snow. I imagine it was because of how unsteady he felt on the ice and snow, because he has been confident enough to RUN, when it isn't icy out. Which really just means I need to be on my toes to keep up with him.

We came home and spent some time visiting with the neighbour and her "puppies", all playing in the snow. Max had so much fun. But was so tired... so a nice late nap at 4pm. Needless to say, bed time didn't happen at the usual time for Max, and I imagine it is going to be earlier than usual for me. I hope!

I do love the snow, I just wish the roads would be clear and the drivers wouldn't be so bad! I'm off to work before all the drivers hit the road, so I'm thankful for that. But I will have to drive in it later on... I'm hoping for the best of both (lots of snow and clear, dry, safe roads).

Hoping for another fun and snowy day with the boys again soon!

No comments: