Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finally!




1. I finished the final exam for my year-long online medical transcription course. Now, I just have to wait 2 weeks for the results.

2. It snowed. YAY!

It was a tough weekend for Ross. I started the exam on Friday morning and I had 48 hours to complete and submit it. Max spent Friday at Grandma and Grandpa's and then Ross spent the weekend looking after Max. Ross is fairly involved in most of the things that happen with Max on the weekends, but he wanted to make sure I was rested, so if Max was calling or crying throughout the night, Ross went in. It meant that Ross really did not get much sleep at night.

I should probably mention that we do not go into Max's room every time he calls or cries a little, because then he definitely wants to get up and it is a long process to get him back to sleep. MOST of the time, he just cries for a couple of minutes and then goes back to sleep.

I'm a little worried that this may be a new habit and the crying may go on a little longer than usual tonight.


Once I hit the submit button for the final, this morning at 930am... Ross and Max attempted a nap. Surprise, Ross was asleep until mid afternoon! He was so exhausted from the lack of sleep. I am so grateful that he is so supportive.

On to the 2nd "finally"! It snowed and I am so excited! Unfortunately we live close to the water, so it doesn't snow as much or stay as long as it does up the hill a little ways. But Max and I dressed up and went out to play it in anyhow. Max wasn't quite sure what to think of it or what to do with it and was so cute in his big puffy snow suit.





My feelings are a little bit mixed though, I love the snow: how it looks, snow-shoeing, snow angels, snow balls and just the general winter-y feel. But I still wish it wasn't so cold. I've been sleeping with wool socks and a fleecy sweatshirt on because I've been so cold at night.

I'm going to bed feeling so warm and grateful for everything today, what a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Danita said...

I just found this last night....what a great blog. I will be back regularily.
I will add this to our family page along with our other Bloggers.

Hugs!

Amanda said...

Thanks! I just wanted to do a bit of a modern day journal for Max. I don't imagine that many people will find it very interesting, but it's kind of fun to take a look back at some of the posts (especially when I can get pictures in).