Monday, March 9, 2009

Sick or teeth?

So, today was day 2 of Max being "not-himself". He had a fever yesterday and was definitely acting out of the ordinary. I was really worried that he might be sick, but aside from having no appetite and being cuddly and cranky, there's nothing else.

Ross took a picture of Max being particularly cuddly
(I have to admit I really like this).

After taking Max to daycare, I got a phone call a few hours later. They've never seen Max the way he was today. He wouldn't eat, and he wandered around saying "Mama, Mama" and everything was making him cry. Apparently the puppy they have there got stuck under a stool and was whining a little and it made Max cry. So, they called me to pick him up. They suggested he might be teething, which I hadn't thought of, until now.

Sure enough there are 2 teeth coming in on the bottom. It was interesting trying to see that. Max is not a fan of opening his mouth when I want him to. So, there may be more on the top, but there was no way he was letting me see that. Now, I know to try the homeopathic teething tablets. These come highly recommended from numerous people and I'm hoping that I'll become one of those.

Ross spent hours feeding Max anything he would eat throughout the afternoon and evening (which isn't much, even compared to the usual) and I came home to cuddle. Max fell asleep in my arms as I was reading book after book after book to him. He's been asleep almost 2 hours, which I am hoping will stretch much longer than last night (I don't think he slept any longer than 2 hours at a time).

Max's Oma & Poppa are coming to town for a visit, so hopefully I will have some new pictures to post!

No comments: