Friday, April 10, 2009

Stepping out of his usual comfort zone at the Aquarium

Max actually stopped to look at something! Heehee this isn't that unusual, it's just the first "stop" we had after a little bit of a sprint through the Amazon display. That part, is normal for us.

Our second "stop" in the Amazon was to look at the birds and the turtle.


and a bit of a rest for mom, once we get to Clowfish Cove, Max was completely awestruck by today's musical family program.

and the for the first time, when we were sitting so close, did Max actually leave the comfort of Mum's lap to go right up to the front and stare at the seal. The staff are so great, they just go with the flow for everything and they do it very well!
Just some more fun.
Crawling around with a friend.
These are some of our favourite friends at the Aquarium, we see them almost every week. Sadie was entertaining Max with her bouncing. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the huge smile on Max's face, but I have a feeling that the next picture comes close to capturing it.
Max just knocked down his block tower and is having a fabulous time (just in case you couldn't tell).
I found Mum!
Just about ready to go, one more stop on the way... rock climbing.
Almost home, way past nap time.
Max grows so quickly every day. I LOVE it when he snuggles with me and cuddles and wants to be in my lap and my arms, but I know he needs to grow and explore and I like for him to do that. Today was one of the days that he wanted down and to explore everything. It was so great to let him spread his wings a little, there to hold his hand when he needed it and to cuddle and kiss it better when he fell. It was an amazing change.

We go to the Aquarium almost every week and the changes in Max from week to week have been huge.

This week, we shared snacks with our friends, as usual and sang songs. I can't believe how brave Max was, to go all the way up to the front of the crowd to see the seal.

Although he never stops talking when we are alone together, he is quite often silent around people he doesn't know well or in unusual surroundings. He has been getting more and more comfortable with our friends at the Aquarium and with the environment. I was able to take so many more pictures - again, can you tell?

I'm so proud of Max and all that he does every day. I would like to say that I can't wait to see the person he becomes, but I can and I do... every single day I wake up to a new little boy, with more words and actions than I can possibly keep track of. I did not think it was possible to love him more than I did the first time I held him, but every time I hold him, every time we do something like our trip to the Aquarium and he surprises me with new ideas and words and actions and still comes back to me, wraps his arms around me, and kisses me, I do.

Enough mush for now. I'm not feeling the greatest, so I'm going to go get some rest.

No comments: