Friday, November 28, 2008

A beautiful day

I am sitting here reflecting at what a beautiful day we had.

I love waking up to Max chatting in the other room (well, I love it when it's after 7am, not so much when it's 4 or 5 or even 6am). I crack open his bedroom door and peek in. Most of the time he is standing up smiling at me saying "hi" in the perkiest and happiest little boy voice. I unzip his blanket bag and pick him up and which point I get a huge hug and kiss and we crawl into my bed. On Friday's this is the point that Max starts saying "daddy? daddy?" and looks under our down comforter for Ross, unfortunately he is at work. So we snuggle and cuddle for 20-30 minutes and then start our day.

Outside it was cold and rainy, but inside Max and I were warm and dry and laughing. I love this time I get to spend with Max, laughing and playing.

After swimming, we come home to play with Max's "puppies" (these are his stuffed animals: a big brown teddy bear, a little white teddy bear, a blue elephant and a bear/blanket). It is such a fun time to see Max moving things around and getting everything "just right" (for what, I'm not sure) and then moving it all around again. All of this gets us ready for nap time.

Max never stops moving, even when he sleeps. It is so neat to see how he falls asleep moving from end to end and corner to corner in his crib, talking to his puppy. Every time I go in to check on him, he is in a different place and position and often cuddling his puppy.

As for the Puppy's, Max seems to refer to all animals as "Puppy's", so at Grandma and Grandpa's house, Christopher the dog and Seymour the cat are "Puppy's". As the dog moved around throughout the house today, Max would hear his dog tags and start yelling "Puppy! Puppy!". Christopher and Seymour seem to really enjoy it though, as they seek out Max if they have not seen him for a bit. It is so amazing to see Max with the animals, they all have so much fun together!

It is so great to sit here and reflect on what a beautiful day we had, in spite of the cold and rain outside.

No comments: